Rates Waiver - Covid 1922 May 2020
A suite of measures to further support small, medium and larger business that are negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Following the publication of the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business, the government has agreed, at a special Cabinet meeting, a suite of measures to further support small, medium and larger business that are negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Included within these measures are:
- a €10,000 restart grant for micro and small businesses based on a rates/waiver rebate from 2019
- a three month commercial rates waiver for impacted businesses
- a commitment to local authorities to make up the rates shortfall, so that local authorities can continue provide full services to the public
1. What types of business can apply?
Subject to the qualifying criteria below, any business that has a commercially rateable premises can apply.
- International chain stores, i.e. a business that is a non-financially independent branch of a group of chain stores which is owned and managed by a single entity.
- Businesses such as office-based professional services that have continued to operate, including remotely, during the crisis.
- Non-commercial organisations such as community and sporting premises
- Businesses that do not operate from rateable premises (tradesmen, service providers, etc).
2. What are the criteria for qualifying for the grant?
- a turnover of less than €5m
- Have 50 or less employees
- suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue to 30th June 2020
- Please contact us for further information on how to avail of these grants/waivers.